Friday, October 17, 2014

About Me

Hi,
 My name is Linh. I am half Vietnamese and Caucasian. My last name isn't really Fujikawa, it's my fiance, and I look forward to having it as my last name someday. I really didn't have much of a fashion sense growing up since I attended a private Catholic school growing up, and had to wear uniform everyday. It was the same outfit everyday. I did change my clothes afterschool, but would just wear whatever my father/mother would choose for me. It didn't matter what it was, as long as I got into more comfortable clothes. Then I starting attending a private highschool but they didn't have uniform, and only a strict dress code. I noticed every morning I was having trouble deciding what to wear every morning, and actually went to my own father for advice on what colors match each other. Lol. I did have more a stay at home father growing up than mom, so I hope that pretty much explains those situations. I really did not dress in the most appealling clothes those first two years of highschool. Then, my parents decided to transfer me to a public highschool, and they also wore street clothes. I began to experiment more with my fashion, and admired other girls' fashion senses. There were a lot girls from parts of Asia who went my highschool, and always seemed to wear very fashionable clothing. Of course, in Hong Kong, Korea, and China, these girls have different fashion sense than the Western eye. A lot my clothing were hand-me-downs from my Aunt, and some were store bought. I noticed I enjoyed dressing in a punk-rock style a lot in highschool. Then college began for me, and I continued to have the same fashion sense over time. After about 2-3 years attending a nearby community college, I decided it be best to go to a Trade school since I did feel like I really going anywhere with my major at the time. Trade school was scrub uniform everyday again. I did not shop for clothes for a whole year! It was not fun :(...After that, I noticed it started to feel unusual for me to start dressing "normal" again. I would take extra time changing and choosing what to wear. I would check my outfits in the mirrors afterwards, seeing how comfortable I felt. Than one of my friends complimented my style, saying that I dress very cute. I started to feel more comfortable with my style again.
  Another thing in my life that really influenced my style was getting a year long pass to Disneyland. When I started taking trips to the park with my boyfriend (who my fiance now) I noticed a lot people would wear Mickey Mouse shirts, and I wanted to join in. So I bought a couple of Mickey-Mouse t-shirts, and placing together these "Mickey-Mouse" themed outfits.
  The main purpose of this blog is show you how I like to placed together a very "themed" outfit, to typical day outfits that are very comfortable yet stylish. I am mostly a "no-heels" gal, and rather wear sneakers. I also DIY, so I definatly would love to show how I, DIY some of the projects I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment